See the table below for the documents you need to send with your permit application. You can email us at or post to the address below quoting your application number.

If you have an application number and a PIN, you can upload documents online:

Upload supporting documentation

Documentation you need to provide

Please send photocopies of your documents, not originals.

​Type of permit​Proof needed
Visitor permits
Resident permits
​Resident address permits
Business permits

Accepted documents

Proof of residency

If you are:

  • on the electoral register, or
  • have previously purchased permits at your current address

you do not need to provide proof of residency.

If you need to provide proof of residency, please provide:

  • a copy of a tenancy or lease agreement, or
  • a solicitor's letter confirming exchange.

Alternatively you can send any two of the following documents:

  • recent utility or council tax bill
  • benefit book
  • driving licence
  • vehicle registration document.

Proof of vehicle ownership

Provide a copy of any one of the following:

  • vehicle registration document
  • hire or lease agreement
  • insurance certificate
  • sales invoice.

Proof of company address

Provide a copy of any one of the following:

  • certificate of incorporation
  • business rates bill
  • property lease agreement
  • proof of purchase.

If you are applying for a business permit please also provide, on headed paper, a letter to confirm that the permit is essential to run your business.

Contact us

Parking Services
Civic Centre
London Road

Telephone: 020 8545 4661 (10.00am - 4.00pm Mon-Fri)