Services for women over the age of 60 and men over 65.
Services for adults with...
Am I eligible?
There are rules governing who gets help and support from Social Services. These rules are called 'eligibility criteria'.
To find out about what you need and whether you meet the criteria, Social Services staff will need to meet with you. This meeting is called an assessment and we will arrange it somewhere suitable for you and your circumstances. The type of service you are offered will depend on your needs.
How to access our services
Other public information leaflets which we stock include:
- A Guide to Social Services for adults
- Financial Assessments – Information Pack
- Have your say about Merton Social Services
- Hospital social work service
- Occupational Therapy – Information for disabled people and their carers
- Services for deaf and hearing impaired people
- Services for older people
- Services for people with mental health problems
- Services for people with a visual impairment
Age Concern - the UK's leading charities concerned with the needs and aspirations of older people
Age Positive - Age positive is a government initiative which tackles age discrimination and promotes age diversity in the workplace
Alzheimer's Society -the Alzheimer's Society provides advice and support to people with dementia and their carers
Contact the Elderly - seeks to reduce the isolation for older people who live alone, by providing social occasions such as monthly tea parties
Dementia Research Group - one of the UK's leading centres for clinical research into dementia
Help the Aged - a leading national charity for older people