Need urgent help now?
Urgent help with sexual health (NHS website)
Services for adults affected by HIV or AIDS
Merton Council's Disability Services team offers many services and support for people living with HIV or AIDS, in the London Borough of Merton.
We can provide:
- advice and referral to specialist organisations;
- practical help in your home with personal care;
- funds to arrange and manage your own care services (under the
Direct Payments Scheme);
- equipment to help you stay independent;
- services such as respite breaks to help those who look after you;
- meals delivered to your home;
- Freedom Passes, blue badge permits and application forms for Taxicards, if your mobility is impaired; and
- 'Mascot' emergency telephone alarm systems.
Services for children who may be HIV positive
Social Services and a number of voluntary organisations work with families where a member is HIV positive to deal with any immediate problems, and to help the family plan for the long term care of children. For further information, contact your local Social Services office.
Merton Adult Access Team
Merton Civic Centre,
Telephone: 020 8545 4430
Minicom: 0208 543 3212
Mobile: SMS 07961 243740 (reserved for people who are profoundly deaf and using SMS only)
Fax: 020 8274 5961