The reuse and recycling centre on Garth Road is free to use if you are a Merton resident. For residents with vans and trailers there are some limits to the free service.
You must bring a proof of address such as your driving licence or a recent council tax statement to prove your residency.
Please separate your waste and recycling materials before you go to the centre to reduce queuing.
Where to find us
63-69 Amenity Way, off Garth Road, Morden SM4 4AX
What you can recycle here
You can recycle a range of items including:
- asbestos sheets (see
guidelines on taking asbestos to the recycling centre).
- batteries: household and car batteries
- bric-a-brac, including furniture and ornaments
- cans (metal food and drinks cans)
- car batteries
- carpet (hessian backed only)
- cartons (please empty and flatten)
- compact fluorescent light bulbs (household low energy bulbs)
- electrical goods/appliances (including TVs, videos, PCs)
- engine oil
- furniture in suitable condition for reuse
- glass bottles and jars
- glass - plate/sheet glass
- green waste (for composting)
- hand tools (for reuse)
- hardcore, rubble and soil (small quantities – up to six bags per vehicle every six months)
- mobile phones
- oil: car engine oil and cooking oil
- paint tins (paint must be dry)
- paper (including directories)
- plastic bottles and containers, plastic plant pots, hard plastic items (but no plastic bags, wrapping film, film lids, sheets or PVC window frames)
- printer cartridges
- scrap metal
- textiles and shoes
- white goods (such as fridges, freezers and washing machines)
- wood and timber (separated into clean and dirty wood).
What you can’t recycle here
We do not accept:
- Seven days a week (including most bank holidays):
8am to 4pm
- Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day:
For vans and trailers
- Monday to Friday:
8am to 3.30pm
8am to 1pm
- All bank holidays including Christmas Day and New Year's Day:
Charges for vans and trailers
- Up to 250kg of items (with recycling materials separated) over a six month period: free
Flat-bed lorries and 2-door pickup trucks are not allowed.