Recycle Week 2017 runs from 25 September to 1 October.
Recycling – it's worth it!
Recycling is a circular process which benefits the environment.
Don't forget you can recycle from every room in your house – not just the kitchen, but the bedroom and bathroom too. Only 52% of bathroom items go in the recycling bin.
- Put a recycling bin in your bathroom and bedroom to make recycling an easy part of your routine.
- Empty and rinse your containers before putting them in the recycling bin
- Put lids back on your glass containers before recycling
Did you know…
- Recycling shower gel or shampoo bottles means they can come back as a football shirt or more plastic bottles.
- Aerosols and deodorant cans can be recycled again and again without loss of quality, so they may come back as parts for a new mobile phone, or dishwashers or even another aerosol can.
- A cardboard toothpaste box can be recycled and could come back as another cardboard box.
- Eggshells and banana peel from a banana cake can be recycled (we collect your food waste and it is recycled by a process called anaerobic digestion). It can create a fertilizer for farmland, with the bi-product of generating electricity, which is fed back into the national grid.