Check availability and book
- 2 day course
- For people who have never driven a powerboat before
- Price per person (2 minimum to run, 3 people maximum in a group)
- For enquires please contact email@example.com
2 day course focusing on the skills and background knowledge required to drive a powerboat.
You will gain experience in a variety of boats and develop basic seamanship skills which you will be able to apply in a range of situations.
- Man over aboard
- How to launch and recover safely
- High and low speed manoeuvres
- Engine maintenance and legal requirements
- Minimum age for this course is 12 years old (under 16’s licences will state that they need to be supervised by a competent adult).
- Must provide a recent passport photo on the first day of the course to be able to be issued a powerboat licence.
What to bring
- Pack lunch
- Weather appropriate clothing and footwear
- Note pad and pen
Where to go
Wimbledon Park Watersports Centre
Home Park Road
We recommend using public transport to get here.
The Revelstoke Road car park will be out of use from Monday 13 July - Friday 18 September, the only car park that will be available to use is the Wimbledon Park Road one (closest to Southfields) and is currently free (sat nav SW19 6PE) then a short walk across the grass to the Watersports Centre.
For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org
During the Wimbledon Tennis Championships there is no vehicle access to Wimbledon Park for dropping off and collecting. These parking restrictions may be enforced before the start and after the end date of the championships. Please check the All England Lawn Tennis website for specific traffic restrictions.
Courses will only run if sufficient numbers are booked, a full refund will be given if a course is cancelled by the Council.
No refunds or alternative times/dates will be given.
Courses will run regardless of weather conditions; refunds will not be given in the event of bad weather.