Check availability and book
A RYA Assistant Instructor (AI) assists qualified instructors in teaching beginner students up to intermediates, both water and land based.
This course is run over four days, usually during the Easter holidays.
This is a centre-specific certificate and valid for 5 years.
All days and times are mandatory.
Price per person, minimum 6, maximum 24
By doing this course you are qualified to teach up to Sailing Scheme Level 2 or Youth Sailing Scheme stage 3 (under the supervision of a Senior Instructor).
- Expectations/roles of an instructor
- Procedures/risk assessments
- Practical session on both land and on water
- Theory sessions
- Practical teaching
- Age: 16+
- First aid certificate (must be recognised by the RYA click here
- DBS (Discloser Barring Service)
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Adult Level 2 – RYA log book needed
What to bring
- Photocopies of above certificates
- Wet and dry sessions everyday (if you have a wetsuit bring it)
- Plenty of changes of appropriate clothes
- Packed lunch
- Pad and pen
- Presentation equipment
Where to go
Wimbledon Park Watersports Centre
Home Park Road
(Sat nav: SW18 5NW, takes you to McCluskey's newsagents, on the corner of Revelstoke Road and Elsenham Street, just outside the park).
There is a small free car park for use of park users, however it is often congested and we recommend using public transport.
For more details email email@example.com