Check availability and book.
This day is aimed at showing the coach assessor that you have the required sailing ability to become an RYA dinghy instructor. You should be confidently able to sail to a high standard on all the skills on the Seamanship Skills course, including sailing in adverse circumstances.
On successful completion of this assessment day your logbook will be signed off and you will need to progress onto an RYA dinghy instructors course in the next 12 months.
Price per person, minimum 4, maximum 6.
- 1 day assessment to test sailing skills
- You should be confident that you can sail to the standard detailed in the RYA Instructor Handbook (G14) and
on their website.
What to bring
- Weather appropriate clothing (no jeans), include waterproof jacket
- Wetsuit or drysuit
- Old trainers needed for on the water (something secure, not Crocs, flip flops or wellies)
- Sun protection, a hat, water bottle, food
- Complete change of clothes
Where to go
Wimbledon Park Watersports Centre
Home Park Road
We recommend using public transport to get here.
Sat nav post code SW18 5NW takes you to McCluskey's newsagents, on the corner of Revelstoke Road and Elsenham Street, just outside the park.
There is a small pay-and-display car park by Revelstoke Road, but it is often full.
Free car parking is also available at the Wimbledon Park Road entrance (sat nav SW19 6PE). It is a slightly longer walk across the grass to the Watersports Centre.
For more details email email@example.com
During the Wimbledon Tennis Championships there is no vehicle access to Wimbledon Park for dropping off and collecting. These parking restrictions may be enforced before the start and after the end date of the championships. Please check the All England Lawn Tennis website for specific traffic restrictions.