Check availability and book.
This day is aimed at showing the coach assessor that you have the required sailing ability to become an RYA dinghy instructor. You should be confidently able to sail to a high standard on all the skills on the Seamanship Skills course, including sailing in adverse circumstances.
On successful completion of this assessment day your logbook will be signed off and you will need to progress onto an RYA dinghy instructors course in the next 12 months.
Price per person, minimum 4, maximum 6.
- 1 day assessment to test sailing skills
- You should be confident that you can sail to the standard detailed in the RYA Instructor Handbook (G14) and
on their website.
What to bring
- Weather appropriate clothing (no jeans), include waterproof jacket
- Wetsuit or drysuit
- Old trainers needed for on the water (something secure, not Crocs, flip flops or wellies)
- Sun protection, a hat, water bottle, food
- Complete change of clothes