Check availability and book
A paddling Assistant Instructor assists qualified instructors on multi watersports on all sessions – both water and land based.
This course is run over four days, usually during the Easter holidays.
This qualification is specific to Wimbledon Park Watersports and Outdoor Centre.
All days and times are mandatory.
Price per person, minimum 6, maximum 24.
- Expectations/roles of an instructor
- Procedures/risk assessments
- Practical session on both land and on water
- Theory sessions
- Practical teaching
- Age: 16+
- First aid certificate (must be recognised by British Canoeing click here)
- DBS (Discloser Barring Service)
- British Canoe 2 Star
- British Canoe FSRT (Foundation Safety and Rescue Training) – British Canoeing certificates needed
What to bring
- Photocopies of above certificates
- Wet and dry sessions everyday (if you have a wetsuit bring it)
- Plenty of changes of appropriate clothes
- Packed lunch
- Pad and pen
- Presentation equipment
Where to go
Wimbledon Park Watersports Centre
Home Park Road
We recommend using public transport to get here.
Sat nav post code SW18 5NW takes you to McCluskey's newsagents, on the corner of Revelstoke Road and Elsenham Street, just outside the park.
There is a small pay-and-display car park by Revelstoke Road, but it is often full.
Free car parking is also available at the Wimbledon Park Road entrance (sat nav SW19 6PE). It is a slightly longer walk across the grass to the Watersports Centre.
For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org
During the Wimbledon Tennis Championships there is no vehicle access to Wimbledon Park for dropping off and collecting. These parking restrictions may be enforced before the start and after the end date of the championships. Please check the All England Lawn Tennis website for specific traffic restrictions.