Check availability and book
A paddling Assistant Instructor assists qualified instructors on multi watersports on all sessions – both water and land based.
This course is run over four days, usually during the Easter holidays.
This qualification is specific to Wimbledon Park Watersports and Outdoor Centre.
All days and times are mandatory.
Price per person, minimum 6, maximum 24.
- Expectations/roles of an instructor
- Procedures/risk assessments
- Practical session on both land and on water
- Theory sessions
- Practical teaching
- Age: 16+
- First aid certificate (must be recognised by British Canoeing click here)
- DBS (Discloser Barring Service)
- British Canoe 2 Star
- British Canoe FSRT (Foundation Safety and Rescue Training) – British Canoeing certificates needed
What to bring
- Photocopies of above certificates
- Wet and dry sessions everyday (if you have a wetsuit bring it)
- Plenty of changes of appropriate clothes
- Packed lunch
- Pad and pen
- Presentation equipment
Where to go
Wimbledon Park Watersports Centre
Home Park Road
(Sat nav: SW18 5NW, takes you to McCluskey's newsagents, on the corner of Revelstoke Road and Elsenham Street, just outside the park).
There is a small free car park for use of park users, however it is often congested and we recommend using public transport.
For more details email email@example.com