Check availability and book
- 40 hour shore based course
- Certificate to navigate in advanced navigation
- Price per person
- For enquires please contact email@example.com
This advanced training course is designed for more experienced skippers building upon the Day Skipper Course. This 40 hour shore based course will take you through the theory knowledge to that standard required for the Coastal Skipper practical and Yachtmaster Offshore practical exam, concentrating on advanced navigation and metrology skills.
- Position Fixing
- Course shaping and plotting
- Tidal Knowledge
- Use of almanac and admiralty publications
- Electronic position finding equipment
- Plotting weather systems
- Weather predictions using barometers and by observations
- Collision regulations
- 17 years of age
- Have Day skipper theory qualification or can navigate to the level of
What to bring
- Note pad, pencil and pen
- RYA yachtmaster theory hand book
Where to go
Wimbledon Park Watersports Centre
Home Park Road
We recommend using public transport to get here.
Sat nav post code SW18 5NW takes you to McCluskey's newsagents, on the corner of Revelstoke Road and Elsenham Street, just outside the park.
There is a small pay-and-display car park by Revelstoke Road, but it is often full.
Free car parking is also available at the Wimbledon Park Road entrance (sat nav SW19 6PE). It is a slightly longer walk across the grass to the Watersports Centre.
For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org
During the Wimbledon Tennis Championships there is no vehicle access to Wimbledon Park for dropping off and collecting. These parking restrictions may be enforced before the start and after the end date of the championships. Please check the All England Lawn Tennis website for specific traffic restrictions.