There are a number of benefits to working for Merton Council, including:
- commitment to your training and development
- membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- flexible working
- career break scheme
- employee assistance programme - free access for you and your family to expert advice and guidance on major life events, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year
- health and well-being programme including:
- lunchtime classes such as yoga, tai chi, pilates and meditation
- lunchtime walks
- discounted membership to our leisure centres
- quit smoking clinics
- annual health care days which include blood pressure, cholesterol, weight and height checks, and a range of complementary therapies
- workstation assessments
- eyesight testing
- employee discount scheme on a range of leisure activities from days out to magazine subscriptions, as well as hair and beauty treatments, courses at Merton Adult Education, entertainment events and at various restaurants
- interest free season ticket loan for public transport
- assisted car purchase scheme
- childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
We are one of the best connected areas of South London with fourteen national rail stations, five underground stations (District and Northern lines) and the Tramlink service joining Wimbledon, Morden and Croydon.
The road network offers access to the M23, M25, Channel Tunnel and airports.
Morden and Wimbledon stations offer bus service connections to surrounding areas.
We are home to the All England Tennis Club, where the Wimbledon Tennis Championships are held.
The New Wimbledon Theatre is the first stop for many West End productions after they leave Central London.
There are countless bars and restaurants, and just over the borough boundaries are Hampton Court Palace, the river Thames, Epsom Downs and Racecourse and Box Hill with its panoramic views over Surrey.