Clubmark accreditation enables sports clubs to show they are well run and child safe. The Clubmark website, run by Sport England, has templates that clubs can adapt for all documents that need to be produced for accreditation.
A number of governing bodies have adapted the Clubmark scheme to better fit their sport. These schemes are linked and when sport specific accreditation is gained, Clubmark is also achieved. If your sport runs its own adapted accreditation scheme, you can get more information from the governing body’s website.
Active Surrey Club Accreditation
Active Surrey runs a club accreditation scheme that enables clubs to work towards Clubmark in stages.
The scheme has a bronze, silver and gold award. When gold is achieved, the club is 95% of the way to achieving Clubmark. Once this final 5% is completed they will be Clubmark accredited. If you are a Surrey accredited club or take part in Surrey leagues you can be part of this scheme.
How Merton Leisure Development can help Merton clubs become Clubmark accredited We will:
- offer half a day of advice and help for clubs working towards Clubmark.
- collate the workshop requirements of clubs 'working towards' Clubmark accreditation and set up courses locally or inform Pro-Active South London Partnership of local requirements so they can arrange courses to suit.
- offer articles in Borough magazines and/or on the Leisure area of the Merton website to promote clubs ‘working towards’ and achieving Clubmark accreditation.
- recognise Clubmark or 'working towards' status in our online Sports Club Directory and the hard copy if it is re-printed.
- offer assistance to complete Awards for All applications referee the application.
- attend meetings with clubs and National Governing Body representatives.
- promote the 'working towards' and Clubmark clubs within Merton schools via the School Sports Partnership.
- promote links between clubs and the Volunteer Centre Merton and the Merton Voluntary Service Council
- If you would like to send any of your club members on any of the courses needed for Clubmark, listed below, please send your request to us at
To arrange to receive this help please contact us using the details at the bottom of the page.
Safeguarding and protecting children
A Club for All
Equity in your Coaching Practice
Please let us know if you have a venue we could use for a course.
If you can offer your club house as a venue for a course you may get free places on the course in return.
London Borough of Merton Civic Centre
Tel: 020 8545 3716 or 3663