SACRE is the body that decides how religious education (RE) is taught in schools.
The content of RE in schools is determined by the local SACRE, which produces the syllabus for RE in Merton schools.
SACRE is made up of representatives from four groups:
- religions and other belief groups reflecting the principal religious and belief traditions in the Borough of Merton
- The Church of England
- Teacher and Headteacher Associations
- The local authority
- and co-opted members
The SACRE is also responsible for advising schools on matters relating to collective worship. This is dealt with separately and is not part of RE teaching.
- Chair of SACRE: Peter Kendrick
- Clerk to SACRE: Elizabeth Nasse
- Local Authority Director's representative: Keith Shipman, Education Inclusion Manager
Agendas and minutes