Children up to 16 years old working in entertainment, in paid employment or as amateurs may need to be licensed by us.

Examples of areas requiring a licence include:

  • modelling
  • film or stage work
  • voice overs
  • performing in amateur dramatics
  • singing or dancing performances


Apply to be a chaperone

If you would like to apply to be a chaperone for children in entertainment you must complete the chaperone application form. You will also need a current Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS formerly CRB) certificate. If you need a form to apply for a DBS certificate please contact us.


Body of persons approval (for children who are unpaid in entertainment)

Amateur organisations who are planning productions to take place in Merton may apply for a "body of persons" rather than applying for individual children's performance licences.


Contact us

Education Welfare Service
10th Floor, Merton Civic Centre
London Road
Telephone: 020 8545 4021