Advice and information about disrepair and poor housing conditions, and how to get help.

Find out about your rights and responsibilities

These websites explain tenants' and landlords' responsibilities to do repairs, and what options tenants have if the landlord doesn't meet their obligations.

Get help from the Tenants’ Champion

The Tenants’ Champion may be able to help if you're have difficulties getting repairs to your home carried out despite contacting your landlord.

Report it to Merton Environmental Health

If you are renting from a private landlord or from a housing association, we can investigate complaints about housing conditions such as disrepair, dangerous conditions, or absence of hot water.

Environmental Health Housing
Community and Housing
London Borough of Merton
Civic Centre
London Road

Telephone: 020 8545 3212