You can appeal if you disagree with a decision we’ve made about your council tax.

Valuation band appeals

If you disagree with the valuation band your property is placed in, you can challenge it. To find out how to do this see Challenge your band on GOV.UK website

Other appeals

You should contact us if you think you’re entitled to:

  • an exemption
  • a discount or larger of a discount

You should also contact us if you think your name shouldn’t appear on a council tax bill.

Contact us

Local Taxation Section, London Borough of Merton, PO Box No 559, Morden SM4 5ZY


Phone: 020 8274 4904

We are no longer able to attend to personal visitors at the Civic Centre. You can email us anytime or telephone between 9am and 5pm.