Benefits check websites
These websites can help you check if you're entitled to benefits and how much you might get.
- Check which benefits and financial support you can get (GOV.UK)
- Benefits calculators (GOV.UK)
- 10-minute benefits check (MoneySavingExpert)
Benefits advice from Merton Council
If you can't get the advice you need from the websites above, we may be able help, or if you are a pensioner who is housebound we can refer you to the Local Pension Service.
Merton Welfare Benefits Team offers local residents help and advice on the following benefits:
- Attendance Allowance
- Carers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit
- Council Tax Support
- Disability Living Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Housing Benefit and Local Housing Allowance
- Income Support
- Local Welfare Support
- Pension Credit
- Personal Independence Payments
- Social Fund loans and grants
- State Pension
- Working Tax Credit
We can also advise on services provided in the borough.
We offer phone appointments to assist people in completing applications for welfare benefits. If you are not able to use a phone please contact us to arrange an appointment at the Civic Centre in Morden.
Phone or email advice
If you want some quick advice contact us and we can often answer your questions without an appointment.
Welfare Benefits Service
2nd floor, Merton Civic Centre
Telephone: 020 8545 4178
Other help from Merton Council
Local Welfare Support Scheme - help to pay for food, heating and hot water in emergencies and household items.