If you are on a low income and you have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, you may be entitled to a payment of £500 if you cannot work from home and will lose income as a result.
This payment is to help you to follow the
self-isolation rules and stay at home.
If you meet all of the following criteria, you may be entitled to a Test and Trace Support Payment:
- You have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace from a date on or after 28th September 2020, and given an 8 digit NHS Test and Trace ID number.
- You are employed or self-employed.
- You cannot work from home and will lose income as a result.
- You are getting of one of the following benefits
or self-isolating will cause you financial hardship.
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income-related)
- Housing Benefit
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income-based)
- Pension (Guarantee) Credit
How to get your NHS Test and Trace ID number
When applying for a payment you will need to provide your
8 digit NHS Test and Trace ID number (also called a CTAS number).
If you test positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), or are told to self-isolate by NHS contact tracers, you'll be given an NHS Test and Trace Account ID and instructions on how to register.
If the app has advised you to self-isolate because you've been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus, you'll need to
register online with NHS Test and Trace to get an account ID.
You must ensure you follow the instructions to engage with the Test and Trace service.
Apply for a payment
Please do not apply again if you have already applied but you need to send us supporting documents or give us information. Instead you should:
- use the 'Upload a document' button below to send us documents. or
- email us at email@example.com to let tell us about the application you have already made. Please ensure you include the application number you were given when you applied.
Upload a document
If you have already applied and you need to send us some documents to support your application, please use our upload form to send them to us. Please do not email them.
Upload a document
Other sources of help
If you need other help or support during a period of self-isolation help is available in Merton for things like getting your shopping or medication.