Skip Navigation LinksMerton Council ❮ Council and democracy ❮ Get involved ❮ 

Submit a proposal for central government (Sustainable Communities Act)

Under the Sustainable Communities Act 2007 local communities and councils can ask central government to take some action if they believe it will promote the sustainability of local communities.

Actions can include:

  • a change in legislation
  • a transfer of responsibilities from one public body to another
  • a new national policy
  • a change or strengthening of policy

If you would like us to consider proposals to improve life in Merton and submit them on your behalf you can send your ideas to

Individuals, groups and councils can also submit ideas to central government at any time through the Barrier Busting website.