Skip Navigation LinksMerton Council ❮ Communities and neighbourhoods ❮ Pollution ❮ Air quality and air pollution ❮ 

Notify us of a cooling tower or evaporative condenser

You must tell us if your commercial premises uses a cooling tower or evaporative condenser. These are used help to remove excess heat from buildings.

We can require that detailed plans are submitted for inspection prior to installation of new units. This particularly applies to catering establishments.

Systems that are poorly installed or maintained may be a health risk to the public. The main reason we maintain a register is to identify areas that could give rise to the spread of infectious disease such as legionella, and to ensure preventative measures are taken to eliminate the risk of such infection.


Cooling Tower list

  • Hillier Parker, Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road, London, SW19 3RU


Information and advice

We can provide advice and guidance on legislation and installation. If you are considering setting up a business, or wish to discuss anything in relation to your existing premises, please feel free to contact us.


Contact us

Environmental Health Section
Environment and Regeneration
Merton Civic Centre
London Road

Telephone: 020 8545 3025