The Faith and Belief Forum is chaired by the Chief Executive of Merton Council, and attended by a number of groups in the borough including representatives from the:
- Baitul Futuh Mosque
- Buddhapadipa Buddhist Temple
- Christian faiths
- Humanists UK
- Morden Islamic Community Centre
- Shree Ghanapathy Hindu Temple
- Society of Friends (Quakers)
- Wimbledon Mosque
- Wimbledon Synagogue
The Faith Belief Forum is part of the
Safer and Stronger Communities thematic subgroup.
Aims and objectives
- The forum meets four times a year and its main role is to work with the council and others in promoting community cohesion.
- Members of the group are involved in interfaith work with other faith and belief and community groups, for example the Wimbledon Interfaith Forum.