Skip Navigation LinksMerton Council ❮ Communities and neighbourhoods ❮ Brexit help and advice ❮ 

Staying in the UK if you’re an EU citizen (EU Settlement Scheme)

Apply by 30 June 2021

If you're an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen or their family member (resident in the UK by 31 December 2020), you now have less than 50 days left to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) to ensure you can continue to live, work, study, access free healthcare and benefits after 30 June 2021.

You can complete the application online today:

Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (GOV.UK)

Less than 50 days to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme

Applications must be made even if you:

  • were born in the UK but are not a British citizen
  • have a permanent residence document
  • are an EU, EEA, or Swiss citizen with a British citizen family member
  • you're not an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, but your family member is

You don't need to apply if you have:

  • indefinite leave to remain in the UK
  • British or Irish citizenship

Help from Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice Merton and Lambeth (CAML) can provide specialist advice on the EUSS, including:

  • Applications – We’ll assess your eligibility and assist with your application
  • Appeals – We can advise and assist with appeals
  • Judicial Review – We can assist on judicial review
  • Complex cases — We can provide ongoing support

To challenge a Home Office decision, you must act promptly if a written decision has been made, as a strict time limit applies.

How to contact CAML

This service is funded by Merton Council

You can print a CAML flyer which contains the same information as this web page.

Help from Polish Family Association

The Polish Family Association are offering ID document scanning services and general advice.

You can book an appointment by calling them on 07917 401 064, or emailing

EUSS information in Polish

Please spread the word

If you know EU residents who are not aware of the scheme, please pass this information on to them, and remind them that less than 50 days are left to secure their future in the UK.

Translated video advice

Translated factsheets

Information on the EUSS has been translated into 25 European languages and Welsh.

View the translated factsheets

Other sources of help and advice

EU Settlement Scheme Resolution Centre

For questions about your application, including assistance to complete the form, you can call 0300 123 7379 (or +44 (0) 20 3080 0010 from outside the UK), or fill out this form.

The centre is open Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm and Saturday to Sunday, 9.30am to 4.30pm.

Get help using a computer to apply online

This free service is available over the phone and in person if you need help filling in the EU settlement scheme application form online. Contact We Are Digital by calling 03333 445 675, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm