The Apprenticeship Levy on UK employers is used to fund new apprenticeships.
Once an employer has paid the levy to HRMC they can access funding for apprenticeships. If an employer doesn't pay the levy they can still employ an apprentice and can choose the training they would like the apprentice to receive, an approved training provider and an assessment organisation using the register of apprenticeship training providers.
How to take on an apprentice (GOV.UK website)
Thinking about employing an apprentice?
There are lots of good reasons for you to employ an apprentice:
- Apprentices make a valuable business contribution from day one
- Skills gaps can be closed by apprentices
- Filling vacancies with apprentices makes recruitment easier and reduces costs
- Apprentices can reduce your overall business training costs
- They produce managers and leaders of the future, providing financial return on investment
Find out more about taking on an apprentice