Advice, information and guidance and support
Merton Chamber of Commerce||A membership organisation supporting small, medium and large businesses |
South Thames College Group - The Business Centre|
- South Thames College works in partnerships with employers to provide support, information and guidance on:
Apprenticeships / apprenticeship funding
- Help with recruitment
- Vocational qualifications / workforce training
- Pre-apprenticeships and work-ready training
- Work experience
Wimbletech||Wimbletech co-working space is the affordable home for startups, entrepreneurs, freelancers, and small businesses in Wimbledon.|
WSM Business Advisory||Business Advisory and Accountancy is a division of WSM dedicated to business clients; expertise and experience in the disciplines of taxation, financial reporting, audit, due diligence, payroll and employee services, management reporting and company secretarial services. They also have specialist knowledge within industry sectors.|
Training and business support schemes
Taking on an apprentice
There are lots of good reasons for you to employ an apprentice:
- Apprentices make a valuable business contribution from day one
- Skills gaps can be closed by apprentices
- Filling vacancies with apprentices makes recruitment easier and reduces costs
- Apprentices can reduce your overall business training costs
- They produce managers and leaders of the future, providing financial return on investment
Taking on an apprentice (GOV.UK website)
Want to support or recruit a young person?
Would you like to inspire young people across London?
The London Enterprise Advisor Network (LEAN) would love to talk to you about how you can support careers in local schools within Merton.
You'll be able to give young people an insight into what it's like to work in your industry and develop relationships with local schools and support careers education. There are opportunities to :
- Network with other senior leaders
- Inspire future generations about entering the world of work
- Become a strategic force in shaping Careers Curriculum
- Attract talented individuals to work for your company in the future
If you'd like to find out more about LEAN you can visit
London Enterprise Advisor Network website, or, contact
Michelle Sporle, Enterprise Coordinator in Sutton.