Due to a technical fault we are unable to offer the European Settlement Service today.
If you're a European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss citizen, you and your family will be able to apply to get either settled or pre-settled status.
This will mean you can continue living in the UK after 31 December 2020, you will have until 30 June 2021 to apply for either settled or pre-settled status.
Merton is one of the local authorities supporting EU, EEA and Swiss citizens complete the ID verification part of the process.
Who can apply?
Information on who is required to apply for pre-settled or settled status can be found on the Gov.uk website.
There will be no change to current rights under EU law until the end of the planned implementation period on 31 December 2020.
If you have already started an online application you cannot use the EU Settlement Scheme: ID document checking service. Verifying your ID must be the first stage in the process.
From 19 March 2019, we will offer a walk-in service for people who are eligible to take part in the test phase of the scheme. This service will be available at Merton Register Office on the following days:
- Tuesday 9am – 11.30am
- Thursday 9am – 11.30am
Merton Register Office
Morden Park House
Map of Merton Register Office
Waiting times may vary due to demand for this service.
During the appointment you will need to:
- provide verification of identity. This document will be electronically scanned and verified for you. Please bring to your appointment:
- EU citizens - a valid biometric passport. The scan will confirm your identity so that you'll be able to make an application for settled status. We don't keep your ID document and in most cases you'll not be asked to send your passport anywhere else during the application
- non-EU citizen family member - please see the settlement scheme eligibility requirements to see which ID document you need to provide
- provide a valid mobile telephone number. We need to send you an SMS text generated pin number during the appointment in order to proceed
- provide a valid email address. Once submitted, an email with instructions on how to complete your application will be sent to the email address you provide. You'll then complete your application yourself at a later time in line with the guidance provided on the email from UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)
The cost to attend an EU settlement service appointment is £20 (including VAT)