This service will cease on 31 December 2018
We offer a checking service for British citizenship application forms. This reduces the risk of mistakes which could delay your application.
This service also allows you to keep your passport and original documents, so you can travel while your application is being considered by the Home Office.
Our staff are licensed by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC).
How it works
- We check your application form to ensure it is correctly completed.
- We photocopy your passport and other documents, and certify them.
- We return your passport and original documents to you.
- We send the application by special delivery and give you a tracking reference number so you can track your application through Royal Mail.
To download an application form please visit:
Apply for naturalisation as a British citizen (UK Visa and Immigration website)
Terms and conditions
Fees and booking policy
| Weekdays 9:00 am to 3:30 pm|| Evenings (after 4:30 pm) and Weekends|| Sundays|
| Adult || £60.00|| £70.00|| £70.00 |
| Child || £35.00|| £45.00|| £45.00 |
- The payment made at the time of booking an appointment for the Nationality Checking Service is the full deposit and is non-refundable.
- No charge will be made if your appointment time is changed 5 working days prior to your appointment.
- Any change made to an appointment, with less than 5 working days' notice, will require a fresh appointment to be made and the full appointment fees charged.
- If you change your appointment from a time with a higher fee to a time with a lower fee the difference will not be refunded.
- If you change your appointment to a time with a higher fee to a time with a lower fee the difference will be payable at the time of change.
- The Registration Service Manager reserves the right to postpone / move appointments due to circumstances whereby a licensed officer is not available to provide the service or in an emergency.
Joint Citizenship and Passport Service (JCAP)
The Joint Citizenship and Passport Service is no longer available in conjunction with the Nationality Checking Service. However, if you complete the online version of the application you may use the Nationality Document Return Service (NDRS) and still used the JCAP service. Unlike NCS we do not check any of your supporting documents. The NDRS is available at Merton Register Office as a walk in service from 9.00am to 3.00pm Monday to Friday except the 3rd Thursday of the month.
Monday to Friday between 9.00am - 4.00pm and some Saturdays which will be announced as and when capacity allows.
We can often offer appointments on the same day.
To book an appointment please telephone 020 8274 5777.
Out of hours
From January 2016 additional early morning and evening appointments will be available at the following times:
| Day || Morning || Evening |
| Monday || 8.30am || N/A |
| Tuesday || 8.30am || N/A |
| Wednesday || 8.30am || 4.30pm, 5pm, 5.30pm, 6pm |
| Thursday || 8.30am || 4.30pm, 5pm, 5.30pm, 6pm |
| Friday || 8.30am || N/A |
Saturday and Sunday appointments will occasionally become available and will be announced as and when capacity of the office allows.
Please note that these out of hours appointments all require a booking fee for the full amount of the service to be paid at the time of booking which is non-refundable for non-attendance or late arrival.
Map of Merton Register Office
A pay and display car park is available close to the office with disabled parking outside reception.
Monday to Friday 9.00am - 4.30pm, except for the third Thursday of every month when the office closes at 12.30pm.
The office will be closing at 2.00pm on Thursday 1st March 2018
Saturday and Sunday some services are available by appointment only.
Merton Register Office
Morden Park House
Map of Merton Register Office
Telephone: 020 8274 5777
Fax: 020 8648 0433