Merton Council

Home Home Merton Adult Education Home Jobs in children's social care Home Wandle Valley Low Carbon Zone Home Safeguarding Children Board Home Joint Strategic Needs Assessment

Streetworks Licence (Section 50)

Merton Council may grant a licence under Section 50 of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 to place and maintain apparatus in the street.

A streetworks licence is required by anyone who is not a "statutory undertaker", i.e. water, gas or electricity boards or telecoms companies, who are licensed by the Department of Trade and Industry.

The licence requires that a Public Liability Insurance is provided and that the persons excavating in the street are qualified to do so.

Details of these works are added to our Roadworks list.

The following document will give you all the information you need to apply for a streetworks licence: Section 50 Streetworks Licence form (52kB).

Charge card payment form (36kB)

Contact us

Network Coordination
London Borough of Merton
Civic Centre
London Road

Telephone: 020 8545 3259


This page was last updated on Monday 4 March 2013