Employment for people with learning disabilities
Merton Employment team offers a service with specialist advisers to deliver support and guidance towards paid employment.
Employment is an important issue to most adults - with or without a disability. Our experience is that with the right level of support, many learning disabled adults excel in and sustain work of all descriptions
- Committed and reliable workers
- Long term employees
- Lower recruitment
- Workforce reflecting the community
- New skills and experience
- Financial control
- Increased independence
- Community involvement
Our weekly Wednesday job club is held at High Path Community Resource Centre
Merton Employment Team for People with Learning Disabilities
Telephone: 020 8274 5735
- Institute of Employment Rights - It is an independent organisation acting as a focal point for the spread of new ideas in the field of labour law.
- Shaw Trust - national charity supporting disabled people to achieve their employment aims. They are the largest UK provider of employment services for disabled people.
- Department of Health -Providing health and social care policy, guidance and publications.
This page was last updated on Wednesday 22 July 2015